Rambleings of a consistant dreamer

Mostly about my little fur child Tiger Lou

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Worked out the kinks



I know that it isn't all that long since I only wrote a couple of hours ago but well I was working out how the blog works and just wanted to talk to whoever may be reading a bit more. Well sometime this month we're going to have to take Mr. Lou into the Vet's for some blood work because he's got this horrible rash on his belly and we can't figure out what the heck is causeing it. We found out we he was younger that he had allergies so the vet had us switch him onto a science diet salmon and potatoe food which seemed to help up until a few months ago and then I noticed that he was redder than any normal pug should be and so we figured that maybe it was the rawhide bone that he was getting( don't worry he was suppervised when eatting those and they weren't the bad type either) so I had to be a mean mommy and take away the raw hides and then the rash did clear up after two weeks of no rawhides. This was about the time that we got another pug and we took them both into the vets and the vet was even stumped. She gave him a couple drops of medicince between the shoulder that was in case the rash was being caused by any bugs but still the rash didn't go away and the only good thing that came out of that was the fact that we not knew for certain it wasn't bugs which I was fairly certain of before. So alas here we are almost six month since the original incident occured and still no answers. The vet said they could do a skin scrape and blood tests to determine what he's allergic to and the only reason I put it off so long is because hey is it just me or does a skin scrape sound painful? Well after trying to elimate anything that he could be allergic to and clear up that rash myself I guess we're going to have to take him into the vets cause even though it may hurt it's better than poor Lou being itchy all the time like he is now and besides the longer he's exposed to whatever it is probaly the worse his reaction will get and I definately don't want it to start affecting his breathing. Well ttyl

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home